Tools and Resources
Water-Use Calculators (residential)
Notes on the Calculators
- All quantities should be entered in Standard units and U.S. Gallons as indicated, unless otherwise noted.
- Use of the calculators requires you know certain information about an existing or proposed irrigation (automated sprinkler) system at your property. Refer to your landscape or irrigation professional if you need help in obtaining this specific information.
- Basic volume conversions are as follows:
- To convert gallons to liters multiply by 3.785
- To convert gallons to cubic feet divide by 7.48
- All data and equations presented here are for guidance purposes only and are not intended to be accurate values for any use other than for estimating collection system sizes as part of use of this website. No commercial or personal decisions should be based on information generated here without consultation from Rainwater Recovery Inc.
[go to top]
Massachusetts Department of Environmental Management (DEM) is now the Department of Conservation and Recreation (DCR), Water Supply Protection
International Entities and Resources
Research Centers and University Resources
Articles and Information[go to top]